ESC is proud to be a part of the US Department of Transportation (US DOT).
DOT employs almost 60,000 people across the country, with the mission to ensure fast, safe, efficient, accessible and convenient transportation to meet our vital national interests and enhance the quality of life of the American people, today and into the future. DOT is composed of:
• The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) oversees the safety of civil aviation.
• The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) coordinates highway transportation programs in cooperation with states and other partners.
• The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration reduces commercial motor vehicle-related fatalities and injuries.
• The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) promotes safe and environmentally sound rail transportation.
• The Federal Transit Administration (FTA) assists in developing mass transportation systems.
• The Maritime Administration (MARAD) promotes development and maintenance of an adequate, well-balanced, United States merchant marine.
• The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is responsible for reducing deaths, injuries and economic losses resulting from motor vehicle crashes.
• The Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) protects people and the environment from the risks inherent in transportation of hazardous materials.
• The Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA) works to ensure that the nation's transportation research investments produce results for the American people. RITA includes the VOLPE National Transportation Systems Center.
• The Saint Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation (SLSDC) operates and maintains a waterway between the Great Lakes and the Atlantic Ocean.
• The Surface Transportation Board (STB) is the economic regulator of interstate surface transportation, primarily railroads, within the United States.
• Officer of the Inspector General, US DOT
• Office of the Secretary, US DOT
• Working Capital Fund of US DOT
• Chief Financial Officer, US DOT